Guide to launching a YouTube channel for your business
YouTube is the most visited website after Google. And, it’s the prime destination for video content. The platform has an estimated 2 billion users every month, and most of these users are highly engaged, watching around 1 billion hours worth of content per day.
Whatever type of marketing material you want to use, YouTube is something that you can’t afford to miss out on. Because of this, it’s crucial to understand how to use it.
If you’re a business owner, here’s a simple guide on how to start a channel:
How to launch a YouTube channel
For business owners that are new to YouTube, launching a channel is incredibly simple. If you’re just getting started, here are the basics:
- Sign in to your YouTube account (or create a new one) on desktop or mobile.
- Go to settings and select “Create New Channel.”
- Choose the “Brand Account” option.
- Add your brand name and hit “Create.”
- After creating your channel, fill in the description to give users some more information about your company and channel.
- Make sure you include a web link to your company website.
- Add an image for your profile picture - ideally, this should be a logo.
- If you wish, go to settings and add account managers to your profile, such as your employees or business partners.
- Start recording and uploading your first videos!
Tips for running a successful channel
With so many businesses now using YouTube for marketing, it’s necessary to adopt powerful strategies to attract new viewers.
Here how you can do this:
1. Know your target audience
It can be tempting to attempt to reach a large audience on YouTube. But, with so many potential viewers, generic videos can end up getting lost and becoming insignificant.
To avoid this, it’s essential to, first, decide who your channel is aimed at so you can create content they will be interested in. Think about your customer demographics and research the types of videos they watch.
2. Experiment with different content
Once you know who your marketing is for, next, we recommend testing out different types of content to see what works best. This is extremely helpful if you’re new to YouTube or you have a recently launched business.
Some popular formats include product tutorials, testimonials, and interviews. Different businesses will suit different video styles, as what will be effective depends on the product or service you’re selling and audience preferences.
Start out by researching topics that you think would be relevant and intriguing to your customer base and what might catch their eye. Then, adapt your tone and content accordingly.
3. Optimize your content for searches
Of course, having unique content is essential. But, if your audience doesn’t find it, it won’t get you very far. You need to ensure your content is searchable on the platform.
By making sure your titles, descriptions, and tags are rich in suitable keywords and phrases, people will be more likely to discover them, both on YouTube and Google. This will help you get more views and more engagement overall.
4. Advertise your channel everywhere
Lastly, once your channel is established, it’s a great idea to share it everywhere. Add it to your website, blog, and all your social media accounts - plus any other online platforms you use.
Additionally, try and include it in offline advertising, too. Add your channel information on posters, leaflets, and business cards. You can create new business cards with your YouTube channel included by using an online tool like BusinessCards.
If you publish new videos, make sure you share them in as many places as possible to get maximum exposure. This will get your business noticed much more!